Wednesday, December 22, 2010

True Grit

*
I was waiting to get a haircut today and was reading a review of the movie “True Grit” in the Boston Herald. The movie got a great review and as a fan of the first one with John Wayne I think I might go see it.

What has me writing about this on my blog has nothing to do with the movie but with a tag line at the end of the review. Right after we are told the movie is rated PG this line is added…

“’True Grit’ contains intense violence, disturbing images and gospel music.”

Really? Is gospel music now something we have to be warned about when we send our children to the movies? Does gospel music a gateway drug to violence? Is proclaiming the gospel in song now considered obscene?

Is this another subtle attack on Christianity or just an inside joke by someone who just doesn’t like the gospel style? I can’t begin to speculate.

Honestly, I don’t know what to say except we are living in very strange times.

No comments:

Post a Comment